Thursday, February 3, 2011

In 5 Short Hours...

We will be leaving for the airport!

Because of the blizzard that went through here & being sick and/or snowed in since Sunday, I've had plenty of time to get things done, organized, & packed. So why am I still up 5 hours before we leave? I forgot to put some CDs of different workshops from the National Missionary Convention on my ipod! Normally, I would say forget it, but since I've got about 18 hours to kill flying to Thailand & 18 hours home, I figured this would be a great time to learn some important stuff :)

I don't think I would have fallen asleep anyway because I am SO excited to be in Thailand! It felt like the time was never going to get here! I can't wait to see the sights, smell the smells, hear the noises, meet up with our old friends, meet new friends, share the experience with my Mom & the rest of the team, minister to the Thai people whose paths we cross, share the Gospel with them, & most of all, witness God working in the many ways that He does!

This week I have once again witnessed God at work in preparing me for this trip. Starting last weekend, the flu hit my family. It went through everyone, except me. At the end of the week, I was feeling very relieved that I didn't get sick. Then, Sunday came & it hit me. I spent all of Monday in bed & thought, "OK...I can do everything I need to in 2 days." Then, Tuesday came & Wednesday...I still can't breathe well, but with strength & focus I can say only came from God, I got everything done that I needed to! Besides being sick, a blizzard came through here...starting on Monday & ending Wednesday morning! Normally, I would be worrying non-stop about this...Would our travel plans change? How would we re-arrange everything? Will we be able to do the same amount of work in Thailand? But, I told myself not to worry...it has been obvious from the start of preparing for this trip that God wants us in Thailand. He is in control. And tomorrow, we leave as scheduled!

The thing about doing what God calls you to do, is Satan hates it. He will try any way he can to get you to not do it, to lose focus, or to throw you of course. It's spiritual warfare & it's happening all the time...like being sick when you've got to get ready to leave the country for a month or having a blizzard days before you fly out. But, Satan's not winning this one. Everyday I commited to staying focused on what God wants me to do & putting Him first in my thoughts & actions; to not allow these attempts from Satan to shift my focus or cause me unnecessary worry and overtake what He has called me to do.

So, tomorrow we leave...as scheduled...to do the work God has prepared in advance for us to do. Praise God!

Check back for more updates from Thailand :)

Serving Him,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment