Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Almost Time...

I leave for Thailand with the ACC Mission Team THIS Thursday!!!

The time up until now has flown by as we've been preparing for this trip, but it still feels like it's forever away...I'm not quite sure how that works!

I have many feelings about this trip...I'm excited, anxious, uncertain, hopeful, amazed, awed, & most of all, I'm humbled. That God would use me to show His love & spread His Word to His people continues to blow my mind! He could do it all himself, but He chooses to use me, to use us.

This trip has already blessed me in many ways. I have been able to share with many people the passion & calling God has given me to do what I'm about to do. I have witnessed over & over how He provides for our every need. I am continually amazed & in awe of all that God will do for you if you just allow Him to. He already has set a plan for each & every person, that if we would just surrender our own selfish wants & fully depend on Him, it will be done.

There have been many times throughout the past year that I have felt so overwhelmed with what I think I should accomplish in Thailand & with what I think others assume I will be able to do there. Every time I feel this way, I have been reminded that it's not my work I'm doing. God called us to "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I can't make someone's choice for them to believe & to follow Christ. All I can do & all that God has called me to do is to tell them, to give them the opportunity to know the Truth, & to teach them. He does all the work in their hearts & minds.

I have much comfort & hope in the last line, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." No matter where I go or what I'm doing, God will be with me every step of the way. He has gone before us & prepared the hearts & minds of the Thai people whose paths we will cross on this trip. He will be with us every second of the trip. And He will continue to be there after we leave.

Thank you all for your continued support & prayers!

Serving Him,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment