Saturday, January 8, 2011

HUGE Update

Hello Everyone!


It has been incredibly too long since I've updated my blog, so this might be a lot of information :) God has been doing some amazing things in my life since I updated last!


First, He put me in contact with a missionary sending organization, ACM International (http://www.acminternational.com/). Before this, I was trying to figure out everything being a missionary entails by myself, which was extremely overwhelming. (Believe me, I tried for several months before I realized I couldn't do this on my own & needed help!) So, REALLY long story short...I went through ACM's application process & was accepted as a full member on November 9, 2010! Being a part of ACM, I have already learned SO much, made many connections, & have much more support than I would have on my own, (along with many other great things).


These last several months have been incredibly important in shaping who I'm becoming. God has shown me over & over how He has a plan already laid out for me & that He will provide all that I need. All I have to do is submit to His will, which is harder than it sounds some days, but I am constantly working on it.


Before connecting with ACM, my original plan was to stay in Thailand in February when I go back with the ACC Mission Team. I have since decided to change this plan, rather God has changed my timing as I lean on His ways & not my own. I will still be going back to Thailand with the Mission Team on February 3rd, but will only be staying until March 5th. I am coming back because there are more training courses I want to take & I need to make sure I have all my support raised before I stay in Thailand full-time. I am hoping to be there full-time late summer/early fall of this year. I am still going to be living with Stephen & Mary Wongratanamajcha & working with their ministry, Asians for Christ. I will be providing some health care & working with Women's & Children's Ministries.


Another new "development" is that my mom is going to be my Forwarding Agent! I am very excited she decided to help me in this role because I knew she would do the best job at it :) And it helps her to be a part of my ministry. For those who don't know what a Forwarding Agent is, she will be receiving & keeping track of all my funds, sending out receipts, & basically, keeping me on top of things :)

From now on, I am going to try to be more consistent in keeping you all up-to-date on where I'm at in this journey God has called me on & what He teaches me through this.

As I wrap this up, I want to ask you to be in prayer with me on the following:

* For the ACC Mission Team as we prepare to return to Thailand & our safety on the trip

* For Stephen & Mary and the others in Thailand as they prepare for our arrival & work there

* For safety, peace, & reassurance of our families while we are gone

*For the hearts of those whose paths we will cross in Thailand, that they will be open to the word of God

* For my willingness & openness to be continually molded & shaped by God to be prepared to serve in Thailand

* For those who already have and those who will partner with me in my ministry, both financially & in prayer

* That God's will would continue to be done & His Kingdom continue to spread to reach the ends of the earth

Serving Him,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment