Friday, March 4, 2011

Bittersweet

My month in Thailand is coming to an end. I am now all packed and ready to go the airport (3 hours early...which is great for me!).

This end is very bittersweet. While I am SO incredibly excited to get home and see everyone, I do not want to leave this place. Everything about it is amazing...the people, the land, the culture...but more than that, there is a great need here that God has called me to fulfill. Living here the past month has given me more insight into that need and re-affirmed the call that God has placed on me to help fulfill that need and my passion for it.

I do have a lot of work ahead of me in finishing to prepare to live and work here. Besides the classes I am taking this summer, a class I am contemplating signing up for, continuing to learn the languague, and continuing to strengthen myself spiritually, I am about to begin the fundraising process.

Fundraising, which I'm now calling "finding ministry partners" because it sounds less dreadful, above everything overwhelms me the most. I have no doubt that God will provide all that I need in His time. I am more concerned with my ability to communicate that need and how people will perceive the need. From this moment on, I'm leaving it in God's Hands. I am so excited and looking foward to doing the work that God has called me to do here, which will push me to work that much harder at getting back here.

My travel itinerary is as follows: I leave Chiang Mai tonight (Friday) at 11:59pm - which is 10:59am in Illinois. I fly first to Seoul, Korea & have a 5 hour layover there. I leave Seoul at 11:40am on Saturday - which is 8:40pm on Friday in Illinois. I arrive in Chicago at 9:30am on Saturday.

Please pray for safe travels. Continue to pray that God would mold me into the woman He wants me to be and for His continued guidance as I prepare myself more and seek out partners for my ministry. Also pray for those who will become my ministry partners that they will be open to however God calls them to support me.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone & sharing my experiences from this past month. Feel free to contact me anytime to hear more about it :)

Serving Him,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment