Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another Village Trip

Last weekend, the 19th & 20th, Stephen, Mary, John, & I went to Nong Kio. I always love going there because it is the village where we stayed on my first mission trip here. :) The main reason for this trip was for Stephen to meet with the Asians for Christ evangelists from Burma & to get updated on their ministries there. Three evangelists came and the wife of a fourth. The fourth evangelist is over 80 years old & has trouble seeing at night, so he wasn't able to travel, which is why his wife came in his place. There have been many people baptized there & many more who want to be baptized! It is amazing to see how God is working there! We also talked with the evangelists about the next medical mission trip with the team coming from ACC again. We discussed many ideas & possibilities. It was really neat that as we were discussing the next mission trip, the team was preparing to hold their first fundraiser for that trip!

On Sunday, I held a small clinic in Yasa's living room. I saw around 15 people this time before leaving for church. This trip was a great time! Below are some pictures from the trip.

We stopped on the way to Nong Kio & John & I bought "cepe"s.
They were so good, we stopped on the way home, too!

Where we stayed - Yasa's house

Peanuts drying

Hashi & Mary making dinner

Me "helping"

The dinner we made :)

Stephen & the Evangelists

Me, Stephen & Mary, Yasa & his wife, & the Evangelists




I forgot to mention earlier, I taught my second English class before we left for Nong Kio. There were 7 kids again. We went over numbers & colors. :)

Thank you all for your continued support & prayers!

Serving Him,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment