Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Quick Update...

...Time is flying by!
I currently have 87% of my start-up costs and 34% in commitments for my monthly support! God has presented me with many unique fund-raising opportunities. I have been SO blessed by all of your continued prayers & support! I am continuing to raise support & develop partnerships, focusing more on monthly support partnerships, so keep praying :)

A couple updates on the personal side of my life (as opposed to "business" like above)...

* Since my last post, I have moved in with my Mom & Step-Dad. It's another step that is making this whole transition to Thailand even more real. I am looking forward to this time of growing & strengthening our relationship before I move to Thailand in a few months.
Mom & I in Thailand

* I will be baby-sitting my littlest sister, Cassie, 3 days a week this summer. I am SO excited about getting this opportunity to spend A LOT of time with her before I leave! I'm looking for lots of fun things for us to do all summer, so if you know of any, feel free to pass them on :)

Cassie & Me at Cornerstone last Summer
  * This past Sunday, my Great-Grandpa Hermie passed away. We just recently found out that he had cancer & that it was throughout his body. He moved into a nursing home with hospice last Monday & was there just 6 days. It is a blessing that everything went quickly & he didn't suffer much. I'm glad that I was able to be here & spend time with him this past month. He will be greatly missed! Please keep all of my family in your prayers as we go through these next few days & weeks.

5 Generations - Father's Day 2010
Nan, Jaxin, Grandpa Hermie, Missy, & Mom


Serving Him,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment